You get to decide what’s right for you. Learning to say No can mean a YES to what’s most important. Learn to discern what is important and stay open and flexible.
Let your feelings guide you. Ask Yourself:
- Am I over extended? Doing too much?
- Do I need some time alone? With friends?
- Do I need some fresh air, some fun, a nap?
- Do I need some support? Exercise?
- How is my sugar, alcohol, caffeine intake?
Awareness is the first step to change. Knowing yourself makes Yes and No easy.
When you notice you are rushing around in a frenzy – no worries. Just stop, shake it off, and choose a calmer state of mind. Become aware of How you are moving through your day.
If you usually say yes without thinking about it, pre-think right now if that’s working for you. What would you prefer?
Try this if you can’t say NO:
- Slow down
- Say: I need to check my calendar and get back to you.
- Review what’s right for you when you have a moment to contemplate.
- Then make a decision.
Simplify your life. Your inner Yes or No will guide you.
Image courtesy of: Wanwisa Sinsuppaiboon-123RF.com